I consider Halloween to be the start of the Holidays and I LOVE it!!!! Growing up there was the anticipation and excitement of getting free candy and since I've always LOVED dressing up, this holiday was for me! Picking fun costumes and making others laugh and laughing is fun for me. Being a parent the focus has obviously switched to my children (and husband) and I have failed to dress-up as I love. This year instead of the usual pioneer or witch, my children were delighted to see their mom dress up as something new--a hippie(my hair is perfect for it). Being the camera woman I didn't even think to get a photo of me. My commitment is to really go all out next year--who's with me?! We chose to miss Halloween at Grandma and Grandpas since we had some previous plans. :( but we had a nice weekend and enjoyed being together. I wasn't great at taking pictures and it didn't help that our new camera stinks!! but here is our Halloween...It started at the pumpkin patch at Gma/Gpa's but I can't retrieve those right now so I'll start here so that I get this posted!
| The grand carving of pumpkins |
| lighting the pumpkins! |
![]() |
| She picked this pumpkin out on her own and she cut it on her own(just a little help connecting the "dots" to actually make a face) and then she had to color the mouth. |
| The girls with their pumpkins set out. |
| Darren worked long and hard on the outfits for Katelyn and himself. |
| Our Pirate trying out her sword |
| Our witch is growing up |
| This photo was taken at our wards trunk or treat(Hannah was at friends) |
| Hannah going as a flapper girl to her friends Birthday party. |
| WE LOVE HALLOWEEN! Notice some outfit changes. This was due to the last min. arrangement to go and meet the neighbors. Since my photos were so lame the night before I attempted to take a few more. |
![]() |
| A black and white kitty--we named the kitty zebra |
![]() |
| There was no changing this costume! |
A new witch is made.




5 comments:
Very cute! The costumes look great. Darren did an excellent job! We really missed you this weekend, but there will be more to come. Cheers to the Holidays. See you this weekend.
I agree that Halloween is the beginning of the holidays and it is SO MUCH FUN seeing your girls get all dressed up! Love all the costumes. We missed you but glad that you had fun in your part of town :)
Did Darren grow out his beard just for Halloween? If so, I am impressed. Such dedication!!!
LOve it! Good job on all of the costumes. Those pirates are amazing.
Wish I could have seen you as a hippie. Your hair is perfect.
Tricia, I am so proud of you to be different and be a hippie! I remembered our conversation the other day how you said you were just going to repeat the pioneer costume. I am glad you changed your mind. :) The outfits all look great. Tell Darren that he did an AMAZING job on the pirates. Love you guys. ;)
Post a Comment